Top 5 song lyrics from your favorite artist
Since I can’t pick favorites, I let shuffle do it for me. It chose Keane. Here we go.
1. “Everybody’s Changing” If I’m honest, the whole song. The whole chorus, though, is the best of them: “So little time/Try to understand that I’m/Trying to make a move just to stay in the game /I try to stay awake and remember my name/But everybody’s changing/And I don’t feel the same”
2. “A Bad Dream” Again, if I’m honest, the whole song. And again, the chorus is the real kicker: “I wake up, it’s a bad dream/No one on my side/I was fighting/But I just feel too tired/To be fighting/Guess I’m not the fighting kind,” but one of my favorites lyrics ever is “Baby, I’m a man, I was born to hate.” This is a song that always sticks with me and always hits me.
3. “Spiralling” As much as I love this song, one line in particular actually does stand out: “When we fall in love/We’re just falling/In love with ourselves.” That said, I don’t actually agree with it. I just think it’s a great line.
4. “Perfect Symmetry” If I’m honest, I don’t even know why I love this line as much as I do: “I dream in emails, worn-out phrases.”
5. “Is It Any Wonder?” Strangely, all my favorite Keane lyrics are their most bleak ones. “But sometimes/I get the feeling that I’m/Stranded in the wrong time/Where love is just a lyric in a children’s rhyme.” Like the “Spiralling” line, I don’t necessarily share this sentiment. I just love the line.