Top 5 “scary” lyrics
1. “Zak and Sara” by Ben Folds I love this song so, so much, but it has some disturbing lyrics: “Sara told the friendly salesman that/’You’ll all die in your cars/and why’s it gotta be dark?/And you’re all working in a submarine’/She saw the lights, she saw the pale English face/Some strange machines repeating beats and thumping bass/Visions of pills that put you in a loving trance/That make it possible for all white boys to dance
2. “End Transmission” by AFI “I saw a body, you said you’d seen a few.” But another great song.
3. “Cosmic Love” by Florence and the Machine Not so much scary, but disturbing: “A falling star fell from your heart/And landed in my eyes/I screamed aloud as it tore through them/And now it’s left me blind”
4. “Sympathy for the Devil” by The Rolling Stones (or Guns ‘N’ Roses) Probably pretty much the whole song. It’s excellent, but there’s something quite eery about the devil just chillin’, ruining things. And its use at the end of Interview with the Vampire helps.
5. “I’m Scared” by Brian May I mean, come on. The whole thing’s about being scared.