STOP THE PRESSES. I’M DOING A FRIDAY FIVE ON ACTUAL FRIDAY. Then again, I was off yesterday and work tomorrow, so my brain’s all fucked up.
- What’s your favorite black article of clothing? Just one!? I honestly don’t know. Not to get too saucy, but I do quite like the black lace panties I recently bought. I also have a black-and-white plaid dress I got on clearance at Hot Topic, and almost every pair of black tights I have is a winner–lots of patterns and lace and fishnet.
- What’s the best black food? I don’t know if it actually, technically is black, but I’m gonna go with sushi. I haven’t had Nguyen’s cucumber rolls in close to a month or so. Withdrawal.
- How did you pass the time during your most recent extended blackout (power outage)? The last one I remember was Snowmageddon. I was a fool and came home from college for the weekend, and of course we lost power Friday night. I was writing for Pop Damage at the time and remember using what was left of my laptop battery for writing, then I used the last of the portable-TV battery to watch Conan. Brandon and I built a blanket fort. I thought it would be fun to do a dramatic reading of “The Raven,” but my Poe anthology was tragically THE ONE BOOK I didn’t bring home. So I recited the first few lines from memory, and the kerosene heater went out right then and scared Brandon. I cuddled with the dogs. We took silly pictures. Brandon and I dug out our GameBoys we both still had and fought over the only copy of Pokemon we could find. In the daylight Saturday and Sunday before it was safe to leave, I read Into Thin Air, which is either the best or worst book to read during a blizzard. Sunday, my dad got breakfast at Bob Evans but was super cranky due to no coffee, and then we trekked back to my dorm, where they had power and hot showers. So my mom and Brandon charged all their electronics while everyone showered, left me there with power, and returned to their lack of power, which lasted until that Monday or Tuesday.
- When did you last play blackjack? It’s easily been years.
- What are some songs in your iTunes (or other media player) whose titles contain the word black? I’ll give you the highlights. Mind you, a lot of my music is still on my old laptop waiting to be transferred, so I’m missing some classics. “Black or White,” Adam Lambert’s version. “Bleed Black” by AFI. “Paint It Black,” Vanessa Carlton version. “Supermassive Black Hole” by Muse.