- What’s the story behind your most recent broken dish? Very, very hot water had a run-in with a glass and split that bitch right in half.
- What’s the story behind your most recent broken promise? I don’t really make promises. I also don’t really go back on things I say I will or will not do (unless they apply to myself, in which case it’s a messy free-for-all). So I have no idea.
- When did you last cause a room of people to break out into laughter? I’m not sure when I was last in a roomful of people and speaking to them or otherwise doing something funny. Except maybe the last time I was at my parents’ and probably said something snarky about either our extended family or my dad and made at least everybody but him laugh.
- What’s something you should probably put the brakes on? My laziness and procrastination. I’d have a cleaner apartment, a more legitimate writing career, an updated resume, and possibly a better, more fulfilling job if I’d get my ass in gear and just do everything required to get there.
- When were you last out of doors at the break of dawn? Every weekday, actually–I have to be at work at 7 a.m., and thanks to changing clocks, I’m driving there at sunrise now. For awhile, it was dark. It’s nice to see the sun come up again on my commute, even though I know it won’t last.
From the Friday Five.