- This year’s Google Zeitgeist video has been posted, and its annual accompanying charts. What on these lists surprises you or impresses you in some way? Mostly the athletes and writers I haven’t heard of, but that’s just because I don’t know who they are. Which is actually kind of cool, especially for the writers–I like that it wasn’t a predictable list. Same with the actual books.
- What is your reaction to this year’s Rolling Stone top 50 albums of 2013 or top 50 tracks of 2013 list? I’m surprised that Yeezus scored so high, and not just on Rolling Stone. I feel like the only person on the planet who only liked maybe two songs on the whole thing. There’s also a lot of stuff that I enjoyed but definitely would not call the year’s best.
- Anything good in the Top Pins of 2013? I’m not gonna fall into the trap of looking at each board, but I definitely pinned some of those.
- What thoughts does Flickr’s Best Shots of 2013 inspire? A kind of wonder. Once again, some I don’t find to be particularly outstanding, but when they’re good, they’re good. Nature and animals or a generally moving subject/shot get me.
- What are the five most positive things you have to say about 2013? I learned. I grew. I sought professional help, which was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. I put myself first for once. I turned things around and ended the year much happier than I started it.