- What was the most recent pork dish you consumed, and how was it? I’m a vegetarian, so I haven’t consumed pork proper in about 10 years now. And I can’t think of any similar vegetarian equivalent, although I have had vegetarian bacon somewhere in those last 10 years. It looks like Play-Doh but tastes like bacon.
- What was the most recent fish dish you consumed, and how was it? I’ve snuck shrimp within the past few weeks. Delicious as always.
- What was the most recent beef dish you consumed, and how was it? I’m not the strictest vegetarian in the sense that if a sauce has meat in it and I have no other options, I’ll just eat it but pick around the meat the best I can. Did that just before Christmas but also had veggie burgers last week. Both were good.
- What was the most recent all-veggie dish you consumed, and how was it? A salad last night. It was good, but salads are salads–they’re only excellent when you try to make them excellent.
- What was the most recent chicken dish you consumed, and how was it? The awesome Greek place down the road, Mr. Gyro’s, has amazing seasonal soups. Paul’s been at my place since Thursday night, so he stopped for take-out on his way over. I wanted the lentil soup, but they were out so he got me the lemon to try instead. Turns out it has chicken in it, so I ate a little bit of the rice and let Paul finish the chicken. The soup was excellent, though. Lemon soup sounded weird to me so I was afraid it would taste gross, but I loved it. It’s sweeter than I expected, too.
From Friday Five.