- A sticky note is supposed to be used for sticking notes temporarily to stuff. What’s a different way you’ve used a sticky note? I used them for the very short-lived New Year’s happy jar thing. My mom once used them brilliantly–though technically as intended–to put over my dad’s glasses when he fell asleep wearing them.
- Plastic cutlery is supposed to be used for moving food from a plate to your mouth a few times before being discarded. What’s a different way you’ve used plastic cutlery? I used a plastic knife to put fabric glue on something.
- Books are supposed to be for reading. What’s a different way you’ve used a book? To flatten something, most like very wrinkly homework in school.
- A file folder is supposed to be used for holding and organizing important papers. What’s a different way you’ve used a file folder? I can’t think of a way I’ve used one differently.
- A shoe is an article of clothing meant for wearing on a foot. What’s a different way you’ve used a shoe? For killing bugs, especially Raid-resistant ones. In fact, a shoe is still in the corner of my bedroom from an early-morning spider chase weeks ago.