- Do you enjoy reading mysteries? If they’re well done, but I find lots have cheap twists.
- What’s your favorite kind of mystery? I kind of like thrillers, but like I said, cheap twists designed to make it seem like the writer is smarter than the reader.
- Do you like plenty of blood and guts, or do you prefer the details to be left to the reader’s imagination? Either one. Honestly, I think this depends on the writer–if they can pull off gore, fine, if they’re better at few details, fine. But I’m a very visual person, so the more detailed the description, the worse the picture in my head gets.
- Do you prefer mystery stories based in the author’s time or in previous centuries? No preference.
- Do you prefer mysteries based in your own country, or in distant lands? No preference.
- Do you like to figure out the solution, or do you allow yourself to be carried away with the story? I tend to just like stories carry me. If I find something really compelling, then I will think more about it and try to figure it out.