- When did you most recently feel like a salmon swimming upstream? This week at work–mandatory overtime, which obviously gets tiring, and long, somewhat difficult projects and lots of research.
- When did you most recently feel like a sheep following the herd? I’m not sure. It’s been awhile.
- When did you most recently feel like a dog whose bark is worse than its bite? Probably the last time I encountered Paul’s mom, last weekend, because she puts up such a nice-person front that when she ultimately does say something rude, I almost want to let it slide but I know that’s exactly why things with her got so messy.
- When did you most recently feel like the cat whom curiosity killed? When Meri tweeted about Googling “island of the dolls,” which if course I had to do and which of course is just as terrifying as it sounds.
- When did you last keep the hours of a night owl? Last weekend–and even last night, for my lifestyle. Working at 7 a.m. means to get eight hours of sleep, I should be in bed by 9:30 every night. That almost never happens, but if I’m up around 11, even on a weekend, like I was last night, that’s pretty late for me. I don’t know how I’ve functioned the times I’ve gone out to bars past midnight. One night, I was out so late that Paul and I both were closing in on 24 straight hours awake.