- A breakfast sandwich is typically made with some kind of bread with egg, cheese, and some kind of breakfast meat. What’s the best variation on this theme you’ve tried, or what variation would you like to try? First off, I’m a vegetarian, so my breakfast sandwiches are always just egg and cheese. And partly because of that and partly because I’m not the most adventurous eater, that’s about as far as I go–my breakfast sandwiches only get as about exciting as being on a bagel or croissant instead of bread. Now, that said, my favorite sandwich at local staple Primanti’s–and the only meatless one anyway–is their egg and cheese. And in case you’re not familiar with Primanti’s sandwiches, they come with coleslaw and French fries on them.
- A sandwich cookie is typically made with two thin cookies with some kind of sweet, creamy filling. What’s the best variation on this theme you have tried, or what variation would you like to try? I’m a huge fan of the chocolate chip cookie ice-cream sandwiches.
- A melt sandwich (such as a tuna melt) is typically some kind of bread with some kind of filling plus some kind of cheese, grilled or fried until the cheese is melted. What’s the best variation on this sandwich you’ve tried, or what variation would you like to try? See, the vegetarian thing keeps me away from melts, too. I either eat a salad on bread or grilled cheese, pretty much, although I have had sandwiches that replace the meat with a portobello mushroom.
- If all you do is smear some peanut butter and jelly between two slices of bread, you have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. What do you do in order to make yours just a little better? Jack shit! You don’t understand, my eating habits are disgustingly boring.
- What are your thoughts on sprouts in a sandwich? I don’t like sprouts at all anyway, so I don’t really like them in a sandwich. That said, when I eat sandwiches loaded with veggies, I’m more likely to overlook things I normally wouldn’t like because they’re buried in other flavors. I’m pretty sure I have eaten a sandwich with sprouts in it but didn’t notice for this reason. Similarly, I don’t really care much for avocado, but there was this fantastic veggie sandwich I had a couple times at the resort in Mexico with avocado that I didn’t mind.