- What were your feelings the last time you stood on a scale? Curiosity. I almost never weigh myself and don’t even own a scale, so the last time I got weighed was at a gynecology appointment and I have no idea how much I weighed.
- In what ways are you old schoool, and in what ways are you new school? I still by physical books, records, and CDs and have little to no interest in buying an e-reader or iPod. I do see the appeal of them, but they’re just not things I need or want or fit into my lifestyle as neatly and conveniently as they do for others. Otherwise, I’m pretty big on technology–iPhones, social media, Internet, computers, all of it. Love it. Have to mention Paul here, though, and say that while my writing and revising is done almost exclusively on computer, he occasionally still writes by hand. Again, I see the advantage, but it doesn’t work for me.
- What big event is coming down the pike for you? A possible job switch. I’m just waiting to hear back on whether or not I got it, and then I have to decide whether or not it’s worth it to leave my current job for this new one, mostly because the starting shift is horrible. But I’m leaning toward seizing the opportunity if it comes.
- In which social situations do you thrive, and in which do you flounder? I thrive in smaller social situations or with people I already know well. I especially thrive if someone else starts a conversation, because I have an easier time of keeping one going than I do starting one. I flounder in larger situations or where I know no one. I also think I might have undiagnosed mild social anxiety because I do pretty much everything people who have social anxiety have described.
- When was the last time a fad hooked you? I don’t know! It might be as far back as middle school, because high school is about the time I stopped giving a shit. And I’m always late to new fads with apps and things. I held out so long for Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Strangely, I jumped on Pinterest when it was cool but before it was a huge thing.
As always, from Friday 5.