- What forms of media consumption do you pay for? You know, I’m really only paying for internet. I also pay for almost all books I read–the ones I don’t are loaners–and DVDs of TV shows or movies I love enough to want to own.
- When did you last read a physical newspaper? Someone leaves them out in the little break area at work and in the kitchen, so I’ll usually at least glance at headlines when they’re out. Other than that I have no idea. Maybe years ago?
- What percentage of your television consumption is watched live as it’s broadcast, versus on-demand, via recording, or some other stored or streamed medium? I watch almost zero live TV. I don’t have cable, so if I’m watching live TV, I’m doing it at someone else’s house. And my parents have a DVR now, so that’s really unlikely. Sometimes–and by that I mean almost exclusively during hockey season–I’ll find online streams of live broadcasts. Everything else, especially right now, is almost exclusively Netflix.
- What’s been the big local story in your area this week? It’s been a big story for closer to two weeks now, I think, and big enough that it made the Washington Post–a very large, alarming number of heroin overdoses, including a woman who overdosed in the bathroom of the Walgreen’s right across the street from me. Like, if I walk out the back door, I can see Walgreen’s. And her toddler was in a stroller in the stall with her, but the woman fortunately survived.
- What is the most recent thing you regretted clicking? Probably my Facebook news feed. I have some friends (and my dad, but he texts me this shit since I actually deleted him from Facebook) that seem to think that because of yesterday’s tragic shooting being done by a gay man, it makes total sense to compare the gay-pride rainbow flag to the Confederate flag. Because, you know, the gay-pride flag has been used in wars fighting for the right to enslave people so many times!