- What’s something you recently fiddled with? The mini washing machine my mom got me for Christmas. I had to figure out how to use it.
- When did you last drum up support for a cause? Hmm. I’ve been singing the praises of Bernie Sanders a lot on social media. I also recently donated money to help a musician fund an album, though I’m not sure how much that counts.
- What’s something today you can trumpet the arrival of? The new year! I love New Year’s. I get why people aren’t into it, but it’s such an easy, obvious fresh start.
- What’s the most memorable event you had to orchestrate? Probably Brandon’s going-away party the first time he tried to get into the military. It was at Nolan and Meri’s house, but I kind of served as a co-host. He ended up not making weight and being sent home, which I thought was pretty stupid since he’d just end up losing the small bit of weight he was over during boot camp. Ultimately, he went to basic earlier this year, and I was right about the weight loss. He actually lost I think 50 pounds and had to go down a uniform size, but I digress.
- In what way have you got all your bases covered this week? We had two deaths in the family about a week before Christmas–my mom’s aunt and uncle, who both had cancer and died within 12 hours of each other. Their son waited to have a service, and it’s gonna be Monday. So I talked to my boss about taking bereavement time to go with my mom to Ohio, and my mom’s booked us a hotel. That’s about it, though. I don’t have much going on this week, and I’m looking forward to what I hope will be a chill week after the holidays.