Saturday 9: FortyFive Seconds (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) The very bad day described in this song began promisingly enough. The lyrics tells us, “Woke up an optimist, sun was shining, I’m positive.” How did your day begin? With the snooze button, as always.
2) This song refers to Monday morning. What’s on your plate for Monday? Because I’m getting to this late, Monday has passed. But I had work.
3) The lyrics request, “promise you’ll pay my bail.” Have you ever had to bail anyone out of jail? (Or have you been bailed out?) No to both!
4) Rihanna gets top billing in this all-star trio. She says that when she was a little girl, she used to walk around singing “A Whole New World” from Disney’s Aladdin. What’s your favorite song from a Disney movie? For a long time, I’d say it was “Something There” from Beauty and the Beast. It’s probably still that. Can’t think of one I like more.
5) Rihanna dated outfielder Matt Kemp when he was with the LA Dodgers. Opening Day is less than a month away. Are you a baseball fan? Not particularly, but I do enjoy going to a game on occasion. The city I live in has its own minor-league team I’d like to go see, plus there’s always the Pirates in Pittsburgh.
7) Mr.West is part owner of the Fatburger chain. Do you like grilled onions on your burger? I do, but on a veggie burger, of course.
8) This week’s third artist, Paul McCartney, is a vegetarian. Think about your most recent meal. Did it include chicken, pork, or beef? Eggs or dairy? Ha, see above! It did include dairy–cheese–but I’m a vegetarian and have been for something like 11 years now, which is kind of crazy to think about.
9) Paul was born at 2:00 PM on a Thursday. Do you know what day of the week you were born? Do you know the exact time? I think it was in the afternoon on a Wednesday.