- What did a typical Saturday look like when you were a child? Probably sleeping in, some TV, and Barbies. And ridings bikes outside and things. Sleepovers, usually with Nolan and Meri, when we could talk our moms into it.
- What did a typical Saturday look like when you were a teen? Sleeping in even more dramatically, dicking around on a computer, spending what little money I had out at movies and things with friends.
- What does a typical Saturday look like now? Sleeping in, but the length varies–I’ll normally go until like 9 at the latest, but if I was up late the night before or really, really worn out or didn’t sleep well, I’ll go until like noon. And if I don’t have plans with someone, I spend Saturdays sort of catching up and just enjoying having the day to myself. I’ll still dick around on my computer, and Paul and I usually tackle some of the shows we’re working through on Netflix, and I’ll do some reading and a little cleaning and writing and job hunting. With the weather getting nicer, I’ve also been working in walks. And then I’ll stay up late, but not too late, and sleep in Sunday.
- When did you last spend Saturday in a park? A couple weeks ago, although there’s a chance my last park trip was actually on a Sunday and not a Saturday. Paul and I head out there to walk, unless there’s a risk of rain or we have a busy day. Then we just stay to a route through downtown.
- Do you prefer to get a holiday on Friday, Monday, or some day in the middle of the week? Middle of the week, because I feel like it breaks up the week nicely. You come off your weekend and work two days, get a day off, work two more, then are back at the weekend again. It makes the week drag a little less, and it’s more refreshing, I think.