Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) What hurts Sam the most is her sole, since she just found that earring she thought was lost by stepping on it with her bare foot. How about you? Any aches and pains to report? My left shoulder hurts a little bit, meaning I probably slept on it weird. My left foot has also been a little achey, and I blame that one on wearing a low heel to work for a couple days instead of the boots I’ve been sporting through the winter and still chilly spring.
2) What’s the last thing you misplaced? Did you find it? Stamps. I have not found them, so I’m probably gonna have to buy more today.
3) Lead singer Gary LeVox sings that he’s not afraid to cry. When is the last time you shed a tear? A little bit on Tuesday, I think it was, but it was dumb. Like, no real reason to. Which is really, really rare for me.
4) Gary auditioned for another country group, Little Big Town, but didn’t get in. Considering how successful Rascal Flatts has been, he’s probably not sorry. Tell us about something you thought you wanted, but later weren’t so sure. On very rare occasions, I second-guess whether or not I really want a career in writing. But I always come back to yep, I do.
5) The country group has their roots in Columbus, Ohio. What else is Ohio known for? I’m from the Pittsburgh area, so hating Cleveland is a thing.
6) Lead guitarist Joe Don Rooney married model and former Miss Georgia, Tiffany Fallon. Many major pageants give prizes in the talent, congeniality and swimsuit competitions. Would you prefer to have exceptional skills, a great personality, or a terrific body? I think there’s something to be said for all three, but I’d prefer either the skills or the personality. They’re better qualities to have, and they’re more important than looks.
7) 2006, the year this song was popular, was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments, and won three. What’s the last game you won? (Yes, Words with Friends counts.) I’m not even sure of the last game I played with another person!
8) Actor Tony Shalhoub won an Emmy in 2006 for his portrayal of detective Adrian Monk on Monk. Who’s your favorite TV detective? Probably Benson on Law & Order SVU because she’s a badass. I can’t think of other TV detectives I like as much, or that I’ve watched enough to be able to rank them over her.
9) Random question … You’ve just won an all-expenses-paid trip but now you have to choose: Carnivale in Brazil, the Bordeaux Wine Festival in France, or the Running of the Bulls in Spain? Carnivale. It sounds the most fun to me.