2) The lyrics refers to the “warm smell of colitas.” Do you know what it is that the Eagles noticed in the air? Was it drugs? I bet it was drugs.
3) The girl in the song had her head turned by luxury, including jewelry from Tiffany’s and Mercedes Benz autos. Do you consider yourself materialistic? Nope. Don’t get me wrong, there’s part of me that loves stuff and buying stuff, but I wouldn’t at all say it matters to the point of materialism, especially considering I don’t care about what’s trendy or new. And you know how they say to spend money on experiences rather than things? That’s so, so easy for me to do.
4) This recording has been lauded by music publications for for its long guitar solo. Are you good on the guitar? Ya know, I’m gonna be honest–I don’t even like this song, so whatever.
5) There’s an error in the lyrics and Don Henley can get a bit testy when interviewers bring it to his attention. Here’s the lyric: “So I called up the captain and said, ‘Please bring me your wine.’ He said, ‘We haven’t had that spirit here since 1969.'” Do you know what’s wrong with it? I’m gonna guess it’s that wine’s not a spirit. Also, Don Henley is testy about just about everything anymore.
8) In 1977, Star Wars premiered. How many Star Wars movies have you seen? Uh, all of them!