- What TV series have you watched every episode of? There are a few, especially since they’re so easy to access now. The X-Files, Lost, Weeds, Queer as Folk, Firefly, Blood+, Cowboy Bebop, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, and a few others I’ve worked through over the past couple years. I just can’t remember them. As a bonus, the only one of those I actually watched every episode of when it was on is Lost. I only missed a few, and I caught them either in a rerun at another point in the week or online the next day.
- What are your favorite instrumental and vocal TV theme songs? The only one that stands out is The X-Files.
- What’s a TV series you stuck with even when it got bad? It would be easier to name shows I gave up on, because unless I know I don’t like it from the start, I tend to stick everything out. There’s only one show I abandoned recently, and I don’t even remember what it was called. It was a British comedy from the ’80s-ish that just had really creepy, kind of sleazy jokes about men watching/targeting/preying on women that was more unnerving than funny for me, and I gave it a full season before I quit. But I’d say The X-Files is a good example, because although the later episodes are better than they’re often given credit for, the show did run past its prime. I swear The X-Files isn’t gonna be my answer to all of these.
- What supporting TV character would you like to have seen featured in his or her own spinoff? If you’re feeling creative, what would be the premise of that series? I honestly don’t know, because everything either got a spin-off (uh…The X-Files) or I just don’t find any other characters to be worthy of one.
- What is the single funniest moment on TV you have ever seen? I don’t know that I’d say this was the funniest ever, but at least the funniest of recent memory–my fiancé and I tackled all the Bob’s Burgers on Netflix, and there was an episode where Linda’s sister, Gayle, was reciting some poetry she’d written or something. One of the lines was, “Little cat, you’re just like me/You go outside and squat to pee.” I can’t remember the last time I laughed that hard.