2) Darryl Hall and Sara Allen were a couple for 30 years, and he wrote this at the beginning of their long relationship. That makes this a very public love letter. Are you good at writing love letters? Would you rather tell the person how you feel, face to face? Or do you let your actions speak louder than your words? I could write it well if I had to, and you’d think a writer would be all about flowery love letters, but it’s not my thing at all. I’m more about verbally expressing feelings, and I think actions are even better than that. For me, romance is all about what you do, not what you say, and I’m not even talking about grand romantic gestures–even just little things to show you care.
3) In the song, Darryl and Sara are waiting for the sunrise. Did you see the sunrise this morning? Or did you sleep in? I slept in, so no, I didn’t see it.
4) Both Hall & Oates hail from the Philadelphia area. Hall is a native of suburban Pottstown, which was a stop on the Reading/Philadelphia rail line made famous in Monopoly. Do you like playing board games? I do, but I haven’t played one in a really long time! That might be something to keep in mind for when I get my shit together and the apartment is suitable for other humans.
5) John Oates grew up a few miles away from Pottstown in North Wales. Decades ago, North Wales’ biggest employer was a cigar factory. Do you like the smell of a cigar? I do, actually.
6) Daryl Hall now hosts a music show, Live from Daryl’s House, that you cam watch free online. Do you typically watch shows from your computer, pad, phone or TV set? Almost always streaming Netflix over the TV these days.