… Because Janelle suggested The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
2) The lyric also mentions losing altitude. Often airline travelers complain that their ears pop as the plane loses altitude. When you fly, does this bother you? It’s not uncomfortable enough to get to me, but yeah, my ears pop with really any pressure change. I had a bad cold/sinus infection the summer my fiancé and I started dating which led to my right ear filling with fluid, and for a little while after it cleared up yet, that ear was even more sensitive.
3) Four of the original members attended the same school — Fairfax High in Los Angeles. Fairfax High’s mascot was The Lions. Do you remember what your school team (grade school, high school or college) was called? In middle school, it was the Crusaders, and in high school, it was the Gators. I think my college teams were all bobcats.
4) The band has appeared on The Simpsons. Which is your favorite character from the long-running Fox cartoon show? I honestly don’t know. I haven’t watched enough of it to really pick a favorite that stands out.
5) Bass player Michael Balzary, or Flea, cofounded The Silverlake Conservatory of Music, a non-profit educational organization for under-privileged children. Share a memory from music class in school. Well, my high-school music teacher turned out to be a major creep who sent sexual messages to a lot of girls after graduation, so there’s that.
6) The Red Hot Chili Peppers have played at massive outdoor festivals all over the world. Do you enjoy listening to concerts outside, under the sun or stars? Or do you prefer air conditioned indoor comfort? I prefer outdoor shows. I just like the atmosphere better, and I love summer so much that I’ll take any opportunity like that to be outside.
9) Random question: Are you a spender or a saver? A healthy dose of both, I think. I’m willing to spend, but I do put money in my savings account every month and try to spend as though that stash doesn’t exist for me to turn to to spend on shit I don’t need.