Saturday 9: Into You (2016)
1) In this video, Ariana Grande and her boyfriend take off on a motorcycle. Are your trips usually carefully planned? Or would you prefer to just spontaneously get up and go? Depends on the destination–if it’s a big, long vacation to a place I’ve never been to before, I like more planning, at least part of the trip. I like to make sure I dedicate some time to sightseeing and things. But for short weekend trips to place I’ve visited already, I like to wing it. My recent weekend trip to State College was a good example, where we had a few things we knew we wanted to do but mostly just did whatever.
2) As they ride through the desert, they pass several cacti. This makes Sam sad, since she had a potted cactus on her desk and managed to kill it in no time. Do you have luck with house plants? I’m okay with them, and I’d actually like to get one for the apartment. I used to have a small Venus fly trap, but it didn’t do so well after I moved here from Pittsburgh.
3) This song mentions the appeal of acting “a little bit scandalous.” Tell us about a time you were the subject of gossip. I’m not really sure, actually. I know there was a time when I was being talked about behind my back by some friends, and I know my fiancé’s mom has done plenty of her share of that, too, but I couldn’t tell you what it was about.
4) Ariana’s mother is an executive at a company that makes, among other things, alarm systems. Is your home protected by a security system? No, but my parents’ is.
5) Ariana has her own fragrance, “Ari,” available at major department stores. When you’re at the mall, do you accept the scent strips you’re handed? Or do you say, “no, thank you.” I avoid them.
6) Ariana has said Mariah Carey is her “favorite human being on the planet” and her biggest musical influence. Who is your favorite female vocalist? I have a couple, mostly Amanda Palmer and Regina Spektor.
7) A big fan of horror movies, she admits Freddy Krueger of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies was her favorite growing up. Do you like scary movies? Yes! But I so rarely see good ones anymore. Being a horror fan means being regularly disappointed.
8) She had a brief relationship with rapper Big Sean. Do you like rap music? I like a few songs here and there. I used to say I liked everything but rap and country, but I’ve come to find that’s not true and that every genre has something for everyone and that people who tend to make statements like that are more than likely just dismissing music they’ve never actually listened to.
9) Random question: Which kid were you in school — Class Clown, Brain, Jock, Stoner, Cheerleader, Teacher’s Pet? Kind of none of the above. Looking back, although I was probably lumped in with the Goth kids, I didn’t truly fit one stereotype, and neither did most of my friends. We were all kind of all over the place, which is kind of easy to do in a small Catholic school where you get to know each other pretty easily.