Saturday 9: Hello (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone? It’s an iPhone. My fiancé, though, still has the most basic of basic flip phones that can’t even take or receive pictures.
2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy? I try to–I try to make sure lights are turned off if they’re not needed. One of my pet peeves is that most people who live in my building leave the laundry-room lights on constantly. It’s so unnecessary. I seem to be the only one who ever turns them off when I’m done.
3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up? It went through–it was a brief one to my fiancé to tell him to come help me unload my car.
4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never? I’ll drink it all year, but in warmer months, I tend to only drink it when I’m sick.
5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake? I try.
6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, “I’m sorry?” Not sure. I haven’t done anything lately where I needed to. The only thing I can think of is my tendency to accidentally, like, elbow my fiancé in bed.
7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn’t quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What’s something you know you should do for your health? Eat better and/or exercise more. I am doing a little of both, just not probably as much as I should be.
8) Even though she is one of the world’s highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was “mortified.” Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected? Nope.
9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom? I’ve been messy pretty much my whole life. I’m bad for clutter.