So, as this week’s questions are all about bacon and I’m a vegetarian, I was given the option to substitute, but I actually decided to answer the bacon questions–I think it could be interesting. So here we go.
- When did you most recently have bacon, and what did you have with it? So yeah, I’ve been a vegetarian for over 10 years now, so I’d say the last time I had bacon was probably about when I was 15–12 years ago. Going veg wasn’t super easy and bacon is delicious, so there’s a good chance I gave into temptation after I made the vegetarian decision. At some point within the first year or so afterward, I did try fake vegetarian bacon, which looks like Play-Doh but tastes pretty good if you haven’t eaten real bacon in a long time.
- How do you like your bacon? I always liked it a little crispy but not too crispy.
- Where do you rate bacon among the standard breakfast meats? It was my #1 at the time. The thing was even before I went vegetarian, I didn’t eat a whole hell of a lot of meat, and my breakfast-meat intake was basically that and the occasional sausage.
- What’s something unusual you’ve had with bacon as an ingredient? How was it? When I went vegetarian, I wasn’t the most adventurous eater, so nothing. It would be a few years before I’d meet my fiancé, who at chocolate-covered bacon at the county fair. He’s also had maple-bacon cupcakes. Honestly, if I ate bacon, I’d probably try both at this point. Sure, chocolate-covered bacon still does sound kind of gross, but I don’t really care anymore. Well, I mean, aside from still not eating bacon.
- What’s a better aroma to wake up to than bacon? So, another thing I don’t consume–coffee. I don’t drink it, mostly because I don’t like it, but I love the smell of it.