- What was your highlight in dining for 2016? I’m gonna go with my recent trip to Conflict Kitchen, because it was the most interesting and most adventurous thing I ate all year. I mean, it wasn’t that adventurous in the grand scheme of things, but it wasn’t one of my dining staples and it was a place I’d been wanting to try all year, really.
- What was your highlight in relationships for 2016? I got engaged New Year’s Day and have been planning my wedding at a pretty leisurely place ever since.
- What was your highlight in entertainment for 2016? Seeing Stevie Nicks. Does meeting cast members of The Walking Dead and Skinner from The X-Files count? Because I say it does.
- What was your highlight in self-improvement for 2016? At some point over the summer and into early fall, my fiancé and I worked up to walking about 4 1/2 miles on weekends. Most recently, I decided I needed to do more physical activity to get in shape, especially now that it’s too cold for said walking, and so the day after Christmas, I went to a gym for pretty much the first time in my life and lifted weights. I lifted a pitiful amount and was sore for days anyway, but I’m proud of myself for having done it and intend to make it part of my routine in 2017.
- What was your highlight in completing something for 2016? Probably my 40-ish articles due for AXS that are the reason why I’m writing this now, almost two weeks after these questions were first posted.