Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick’s lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether — either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn’t celebrate Christmas? I was shy but still enjoyed it. That’s basically my whole experience interacting with other humans.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? Nice, because I’m a good person. Just a bit foul-mouthed.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest? I haven’t yet because I slacked off on it, but I’ll be sending one to my fiancé’s brother and sister-in-law out in California.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? Ugh. Every damn year, I find stuff for myself when I’m shopping, and I swear every damn year, I just find more and more.
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie? The Muppet Christmas Carol.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day? I don’t think I have! My cousins used to go every year, but I can’t remember if I ever did join. Usually, I didn’t feel like changing out of my jammies, although where we’re from, I could’ve just worn them to the theater.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? No. We do simpler parties during work hours, which I prefer.
8. What’s your favorite beverage in cold weather? Tea. It’s also my favorite warm-weather beverage.
9. Share a memory from last Christmas. My mom got me a small shredder, and it’s great and still serves me well.