1) This week’s artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters — one of France’s highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts.What’s the most recent compliment you received? My fiancé compliments me pretty regularly. I got a couple as he was walking out the door for his tai chi class just now.
2) In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix? Yes.
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother’s Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming? I live in an apartment, so I don’t really have one–just a little courtyard with some trees and plants. But the goal when we buy a house is to definitely have a garden.
7) Sam’s mother is very careful when she unwraps presents because she likes to save money by to reusing wrapping paper and gift bags. Tell us one way that you economize. I save gift bags, but not actual wrapping paper. I’m more likely to patch holes in clothes than replace them outright, depending on the level of wear and stuff. I resell things when it makes sense to, and if it doesn’t, I donate them or find a place that’ll recycle.
8) Mother Winters used to scold Crazy Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she still leaves dirty dishes in the sink. How about you? Is your sink or dishwasher empty? Ha, almost never. Dishes are hard to keep up with if you don’t have a dishwasher, even with just two people.
9) RANDOM QUESTION: What size mattress do you sleep on — twin, full, queen or king? My fiancé and I cram into a full, and the day we upgrade to a king will be the best day of my life.