- What’s the most important single ingredient in trail mix? Something sweet. One could reasonable conclude that what I really want is candy, not trail mix.
- What’s the most important single topping in a taco? I’m sure some people are gonna say beef, but I’m here to tell you I’m a vegetarian who eats meatless tacos. I’m having a hard time pinning down a single important topping–I’m gonna call it a tie between cheese and lettuce. Cheese for flavor, lettuce for that fresh crunch.
- What’s the coolest instrument in an orchestra? I’m really partial to violin. It’s just too pretty.
- What’s your favorite animal at the zoo? Oh, man. I go to the zoo every year because I am a child. So…all of them? In no particular order, any large cat (especially tigers), polar bears, monkeys because I find them fascinating to watch, and otters because I love them. Otters might be near the top based solely on the inhuman sounds I made last year when I saw two floating together.
- Which are the best pieces in a sampler box of chocolates? A local candy company makes amazing peanut-butter meltaways. I got my parents a box of assorted chocolates for Easter and when I was over recently, my mom offered me a piece, but I wanted a meltaway and she’d already eaten them all. So that about tells you a lot about both of us. A close second would be anything coconut, and the advantage to that is no one else in my family likes coconut at all. Another local company makes really good coconut clusters, and when I was still live with my parents, I basically got them all to myself in the annual Christmas candy box.