- What most recently made you giddy? Hmm. Maybe the last time I went to a concert and had that post-concert buzz going. It still makes me really energized. I mean, I’ve had a lot of fun, exciting times since then, but none that made me feel what I’d consider giddy.
- What most recently left you agog? A high-school teacher of mine who was known to send inappropriate messages to girls within the few months after they graduated recently had a stroke. Someone texted me a few days ago saying they’d heard some interesting information surrounding the incident.
- What most recently left you aghast? Word that a friend from high school and her boyfriend had broken up at some point because she and her family are devout Catholics and he’s an atheist and some sort of argument ensued. That part’s not surprising–what shocked me was learning she dated an atheist to begin with.
- What in your life is the most higgledy-piggledy? Definitely wedding planning. Not so much that it’s chaos and disorder, but just that it’s looming closer–less than a month now–and it’s what taking up most of my time and focus. I do think it feels like a much bigger thing than it is, in some ways.
- What was your week a mish-mash of? Work and play. I took Monday off because I’d covered someone’s shift on Saturday, so after working a six-day, 50-plus-hour week and with the company picnic taking up almost all of Sunday, I wanted to feel like I had a proper two-day weekend. So I had a nice day hanging out at home with Paul, who also took the day off–we got my car’s oil changed, we went to breakfast–and then it was back to work Tuesday, with overtime and my usual evening writing routine combined with my usual evening unwinding routine.
As always, from Friday 5.