- What shape is your mood today? A star. We’ve been really busy the past couple weeks with something going on almost every day and no time at home to ourselves, but today, my fiancé’s hanging out with a friend and I had no other plans, so I have the day to myself at home. I’m using it to tackle things on my to-do list that got brushed aside the past few weeks, mainly some writing assignments that need done and some wedding planning. So the star is for feeling productive yet without that really hectic, busy feeling that comes with being out and about.
- What snack comes in a fun shape? Goldfish crackers are the most obvious ones, of course, and I can’t think of anything that would beat them.
- Someone’s building your dream house, but it has to be in the shape of a letter of the alphabet. Which letter do you choose? Probably O, because a circle seems like it might work the best.
- What’s a great song with a shape in its title or lyrics? “Scratching Cirles” by JD McPherson. First of all, all of his music is great–he plays a sort early-rock style, and he doesn’t have a singe bad song. “Scratching Circles” is a particularly fun, catchy one. I’m also gonna throw in a song to go with my mood shape today, so “Star” by Erasure. I found Erasure by accident in the days when illegal downloads were a lot more common. I’d gone on a Depeche Mode spree, and someone had mislabeled “A Little Respect” as a Depeche Mode. I could tell by the sound–and vocals in particular–that it was not, in fact, Depeche Mode, so I Googled the lyrics and found that it was actually Erasure. It led to a long love affair with the duo, and “Star” was one of the earlier songs I discovered in the aftermath of “A Little Respect.” I could could going on and on because I love Erasure so fucking much.
- What’s something in your line of sight that can reasonably be called blob-shaped? The laundry bag full of towels we washed at my parents’ house last night. We obviously did not put the towels away when we came home.
As always, from Friday 5.