- Why are waffles better than pancakes? I don’t know that I’d say they’re better, but I love them both for different reasons. For example, for some reason, heaps of fruit and whipped cream seem more appropriate on a waffle than a pancake, so that’s a huge plus, especially given the texture of a waffle. And when they’re made perfectly and they’re really fluffy, it’s perfect.
- What’s something you remember about being 11? Not much! I would’ve turned 11 the summer of 2000, so by that point, we knew that Y2K wasn’t a thing. I probably spent that summer playing with our dog at the time, Mandy, a lab we’d gotten maybe the year before. That’s how I became a dog person–I’d been afraid of them, actually, up to that point.
- What experience do you have with role-playing games such as Dungeons and Dragons? Pretty much zero.
- How do you feel about carnival rides that make you go upside-down? I always used to be afraid of them, and then when I was 17 and on a school chamber ensemble trip to Disney in Orlando, I went on the Aerosmith roller coaster and loved it. I still enjoy them, but I get so nervous before I go on.
- You’ve seen Matthew Modine in more films than you realize (which he famously admitted during his opening monologue when he hosted Saturday Night Live in 1988) (filmography here). Which have you seen, and which was the best? Apparently, I’ve actually only seen him in Weeds.
As always, from Friday 5.