… because Kwizgiver recommended The Rolling Stones
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
4) Keith Richard has said this is a song he could play “forever and ever.”
What in your life doesn’t get old, no matter how often you do it? Writing. I do get burned out sometimes, like the few times I’ve marathoned cranking out short articles to meet a deadline and vow to take a break for a few days, but the actual process of it has never gotten old. My fiancé thinks I work too much, between a full-time job and a few side freelance gigs, but I don’t consider the freelance projects “work.” I don’t feel like I’m working, even though I pretty much am.
5) While The Rolling Stones enjoy performing songs, like this one, from Tattoo You, Mick Jagger has dismissed the songs from their 1967 album Their Satanic Majesties Request as “rubbish.” Do you have a favorite Rolling Stones song? Probably “Sympathy for the Devil.” Also a big fan of “Gimme Shelter.”
6) This recording of “Start Me Up” features a cowbell. Do you remember which Saturday Night Live host made, “More cowbell!” a catchphrase? Christopher Walken!
7) Bassist Bill Wyman once said he thought he should have been a archivist because he loved to make lists. Do you have a to-do list? I’m getting married in like 13 days, so shit yeah I do. It’s mostly tying up loose ends and making sure things are in place and ready to go, but I have to call my godfather to see if he’s coming, call my godmother to ask her if she’d rather read or carry up the gifts, get back to the rental company with some questions about our numbers and payment, find out some details like if we can drop things off the night before and if they have WiFi for the DJ, buy alcohol and mixers, choose our readings, book our hotel room, probably some other stuff I’m forgetting about.
8) Mick finds it hard to stand still when he sings, not only on stage but also in the studio. The engineer for this song reports that Mick would have to run across the room to get back to the microphone for his vocal. Are you more fidgety, or still? It depends on the situation. I fidget a lot at work, but I’m pretty still at home. Same with things like going to a movie or theater.
9) Random question: Do you believe men are inherently more sensible than women? Absolutely not. That’s sexist.