Saturday 9: Da Doo Ron Ron (1977)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
2) While making hit records, Shaun Cassidy also starred as Joe Hardy on the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books have been popular with generations of American kids. Were you a fan? Lord, was I! I read a lot of Nancy Drew as a kid, and then I played a lot of Nancy Drew computer games in the early days of computer games.
4) Shaun followed his older half-brother, David Cassidy, into TV/records/teen stardom. Do you have siblings? If yes, what career paths did they follow? I have one brother about 2 1/2 years younger than me who majored in psychology and now works as a TSS and is also in the military.
5) His middle name is Paul, after his maternal grandfather. Tell us something about one of your grandparents. My maternal grandparents were praying novenas to meet someone when they did in fact meet each other.
6) Shaun’s mother, actress Shirley Jones, reports that he was more than 3 weeks late and born by Cesarean. Have you heard family legends about your arrival into the world? The most well-known one is that when it was all over and my mom was holding me, I looked around and seemed very confused. My mom describes the look as, “What the hell just happened?”
9) Random Question: You’re exhausted. You collapse into bed and are about to drift into slumber when you hear the drip-drip-drip of the bathroom faucet. Would you kick off the covers and go turn it off? Or would you stay in bed, letting it drip until morning? I mean, if I’m being honest, I’d ask my husband to do it, but one way or another, I’d probably check it. I live in an apartment, and there’s a decent chance that little drip would leak in the pipes and flood someone’s apartment by morning. I mean, my kitchen more or less flooded because my upstairs neighbor left water running overnight and the pipe was, well…I’m not sure the word “pipe” would even apply to what it was, it was so rusted and damaged when maintenance took it out.