Sweet Disaster (2016)
Unfamiliar with this week’s song. Hear it here.
1) This video begins outside a convenience store with a sign advertising beer, produce, lotto and an ATM. Will you buy beer, produce or a lotto ticket this weekend? Will you visit an ATM? I will most likely buy produce because we do typically get a little every week. I should probably visit an ATM because we’re singing my husband’s youngest brother in his high-school musical and I don’t know if that Catholic school is up with the times and can take cards.
2) As the video progresses, fountain drinks and donuts are consumed. When you stop for a snack during a road trip, what do you usually grab? It depends where we’re stopping, because if it’s a Sheetz, I’m ordering something legit.
3) The lyrics reference “a river of champagne.” When did you last enjoy a spot of the bubbly? I’m not sure! It might’ve been two Christmases ago, because I don’t think we’ve had any even at recent weddings.
4) The end of the video features sci-fi/horror images. Is that a genre you enjoy? If not, what kind of books do you read most often? YES. I don’t know that I’d say it’s what I read the most of, though, but that said, I don’t know that there’s any genre I read that dominates all the others. I like a lot of different things. I mean, my library picks are basically the first thing I see that looks interesting.
5) The trio that makes up The Dreamers are dyed-in-the-wool New Yorkers. If you could live in any city or village in the world, would you move or stay right where you are? I don’t know. I could definitely see myself living in there, but I also do like where I am now. Some people in the Pittsburgh area try to pass the area off as horrible, but it’s really not.
6) The Dreamers describe themselves as “impractical.” What about you? Do you consider yourself practical or impractical? Very practical, for the most part.
7) They also won’t “listen to those who doubt” them. Sometimes we find the ones who doubt us most are ourselves. What about you? Are you confident, or do you suffer from self doubt? It depends on the day. I’d say I’m mostly confident, though. We all have our moments, and it’s not like I think I’m perfect, but I don’t worry a lot about other people’s opinions or whether or not something is good enough or if I said something wrong.
8) Do you often remember your dreams? Lately, no, but when they stand out, they really stand out. I haven’t had a really weird dream in a long time. I wouldn’t mind one.
9) Random question: Would you rather get $100 today, or $250 on this date a year from now? 250 in a year. We don’t need the money that bad right now, so might as well wait and get more.