- What did you last place into a file folder? So, for most of my bills, I still get paper statements–I’m afraid that if electronic ones pile up in my e-mail, I’m gonna be more likely to miss one over the course of the month, so I prefer to have something physical. My mom advised me when I first went out on my own to keep the statements for about a year, just in case there’d be an issue where a company claimed I hadn’t paid them or there was a mistake somewhere. So I have a fireproof safe where I keep them and other important papers with little file folders organizing them based on utilities, credit cards, etc. So the last thing I put into a file folder was one of my paid statements.
- What do you know how to fold a piece of paper into? I mean, I could probably make a pretty cool paper snowflake.
- What’s your laundry-folding procedure like? Man. We have more clothes than we have space, so typically, clean laundry goes in a pile in the corner and it gets put away as we wear other clothes and space opens up in the dresser and closet. The house we’re moving to has a smaller closet, but because it has more built-in shelving, I’m hoping we can use that to our advantage.
- When do you next expect to invite someone into your fold? Eh, who knows? The closest thing to that is probably gonna be we’re having a thing for Memorial Day, and depending on who comes, people we hang out with here may cross paths with our other friends and family.
- When have you slept on a foldaway bed? I don’t know that I’ve slept on an actual foldaway bed, but things that are very similar–fold-out couches at people’s houses, including at camp in the summer; my dad’s old military cot as a kid, often while traveling; air mattresses in living rooms.
As always, from Friday 5.