Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a girl who is heartbroken about a boy who won’t take her calls. Do you screen your calls, deciding to let some go to voicemail? Or do you pick up whenever you possibly can? (We’re referring to calls from people you know.) From people I know, I almost always pick up, unless I think it was a butt dial, like from someone who usually doesn’t call. My best friend, for example, is not a phone person, so if I get a call from her, it’s almost always because she hit the wrong button. Occasionally, she’ll message me to tell me to answer because it’s her niece wanting to talk to people.
2) When she was feeling her lowest, she heard a song on the radio that lifted her spirits. What’s the last thing you heard on the radio? I came in from the car a few minutes ago, and I can’t even remember what I was listening to!
3) This song includes the sound of squeaky wheels, indicating a sudden stop and perhaps a near-miss. Tell us about your most recent traffic mishap. My husband isn’t the most attentive driver, so I’m frequently telling him to stop or slow down because he’s not paying attention to cars slowing or stopped ahead of him. I’m honestly amazed he’s not rear-ending people.
4) “Last Night a DJ Saved My Life!” is featured in the 2002 video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Do you spend much time on video games? No, and this has come up a few times recently. I enjoy them and do play them when I can, but with the other things I like to do on top of things that need done, I don’t play often. It’s not uncommon for me to go months without touching a game.
5) This week’s featured artist, Indeep, was a trio. We’ve had many groups, some duos and tons of solo artists on Saturday 9, but not many trios. Can you name another popular trio? I saw a trio in concert Friday night–Jukebox the Ghost!
7) Britain’s Royal Family is in the news this weekend, with attention centered on the nuptials. The Royals made news in 1982, as well. When this song was popular, Michael Fagan gained momentary fame by breaking into Buckingham Palace. He found The Royal Bedroom, where he came face-to-face with the Queen. He reports that Queen Elizabeth sleeps in a nightie that “reached down to her knees.” What did you wear to bed last night? A pink T-shirt and fleece pants with penguins on them. Yes, it’s May and I’m still sleeping in fleece, and I’ll likely do so until we move into our house that doesn’t have central air. But even then, I can’t imagine I’ll feel the need to sleep in shorts, so…