- What are you ahead on? I mean, technically nothing because there’s nothing that needs done in a timely fashion, but I am making good time on starting the weekend chores. It seems like I usually get to it later, but I have a load of laundry in already.
- Who’s slowing you down? 100% myself, in all things at all times.
- When did you last stumble getting out of the gate? This morning. I changed my routine because of the cat. When I first started working from home, I’d get up a half-hour before I had to clock in and eat breakfast, pay bills, etc., and then I got lazy and started sleeping in and eating at my desk. Well, the cat loves that. The cat enjoys spending her time trying to eat anything I eat, so not only was I trying to work and eat at the same time, but I was also wrangling a cat, so everything was taking me longer to do (see #2). A couple Fridays ago, I cracked and decided this wasn’t working and I’d start getting up early again, and for the most part, I have been, but this morning, I just couldn’t do it. And so I ate at my desk, which attracted the cat, and both of those things slowed down my work.
- How’s your mane these days? My dye is fading, but the good news is I use colored conditioner that will fix that. It’s also frizzy today. That one’s a mystery.
- When did you most recently find yourself unexpectedly hoofing it somewhere? Look, I’m late for almost everything, but when we were heading to a christening, we were slowed down by the cat deciding that was a great time to run into garage and under the car. So we lost a good few minutes coaxing her out and getting her in the house, and as a result, we were a bit more hurried than we would’ve been otherwise.
From Friday 5.