Saturday 9: Ooh La La (2013)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) “Ooh la la” is defined as an interjection said when you think someone or something is “surprising, unusual or attractive.” Looking back over this week, did you come across anything that deserves an “ooh la la?” Hmm, not really.
2) In this song, Britney Spears sings that she’s eager to accompany you, even if you’re not a millionaire. But let’s say you suddenly become really rich. What’s the first leisure trip you would take with your new funds? Who would you bring along? I’d go to a beach with my husband.
3) Britney is eager to dance with you, even if you don’t wear designer clothes. Let’s say you need to add a blouse (or shirt) to your wardrobe. Where’s your go-to for clothes shopping? Depends on the occasion, but I get a lot from New York & Company.
4) The video begins with Britney at the movies with her two young sons. Will you be seeing any family members this weekend? I don’t think so, but if I do, it’ll be siblings-in-law.
5) This is a theme from the movie Smurfs 2. A Smurf is a little blue creature who lives in a mushroom-shaped house in the forest. Assuming that your home is not shaped like a mushroom and isn’t in the forest, how would you describe your abode? (Mansion, ranch house, farm house, high-rise, igloo …) A little one-story ranch that’s about to get some much-needed new siding within the next couple weeks. I’m pretty excited–the house as it is now looks a little old and shabby, and we’re in the process of getting it to reach its adorable potential.
6) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. What bad habit do you wish you could break? I have bad eating habits. I need someone to make me a menu every week.
7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking over your working life, have you been more nervous on your first day of a job, or the last one? I haven’t had a last day yet! But knowing me, I’d be more nervous on my first day. In fact, any nerves on a last day of work would be because I was thinking about the first day of the next job.
8) Also in 2013, golfer Phil Mickelson won the British Open. When did you most recently golf? It would’ve only been mini-golf and I certainly haven’t gone in the last few years, so who knows?
9) Random question — On what part of your body was the last itch you scratched? My boob.