The Sweet Escape (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week’s song. Hear it here.
1) This song begins with, “First of all, let me say I must apologize …” Who most recently apologized to you? I don’t know but probably my husband and probably over something small.
2) Gwen Stefani sings that she acted like “sour milk on the floor.” Is there milk in your refrigerator right now? What about non-dairy creamer? There’s milk. No non-dairy creamer, but probably some almond milk and old half-and-half.
3) In the video, Gwen wears several different pairs of stiletto heels. What are you wearing on your feet as you answer these questions? Nothing. For as much as I do love shoes, I love being barefoot more.
4) Mrs. Stefani named her daughter “Gwen” after a stewardess in the book/movie Airport. Who was your favorite character in the book you just read, or movie you most recently watched? I don’t know. I don’t have strong feelings about any of the characters in anything I’m reading right now or read recently, and I can’t think of what movie I saw last.
5) Gwen is a distant cousin of Madonna’s. Are there any performers in your family? No, although some of us wanted to be once.
6) In high school, she joined the swim team not because she enjoys swimming but because she wanted to lose weight. Are you doing anything (dieting, participating in an exercise regimen) in order to shed a few pounds? I’m trying to be more careful about what I eat, and I’m back in a decent gym routine. It’s been a chaotic year and it seems like I’d have a great week and something would come up the next, so I’m glad that I’ve been back at it for almost two weeks.
7) Before she became successful, Gwen worked at the makeup counter in a department store. What was the last thing you purchased? Did you buy it online or at a store? Most likely online. I have nail wraps on the way, that’s for sure.
8) Gwen has gotten a great deal of publicity for her romance with country star, Blake Shelton. What’s your favorite Blake Shelton song? I can’t think of one, and although he has a few songs I very strongly dislike, I do know he has some I like, too.
9) Random question: Which of these compliments would make you the happiest — to be called fascinating, or brilliant, or gorgeous? Probably fascinating.