Saturday 9: No One’s Here to Sleep (2013)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is the theme of How to Get Away with Murder, the legal drama that premiered in 2014 and airs on Thursday nights. Are you a fan? I haven’t kept up with it, but I enjoyed the first season. I’ll come back to it eventually.
2) The song’s refrain says, “I’ll never catch up with you.” Behind the wheel, do you carefully observe the speed limit? Or do you have a lead foot, making it hard for anyone to catch up with you? I speed, but not excessively. I’m going fast and still getting passed.
3) How to Get Away with Murder is about Annalise Keating, a law professor at a top Philadelphia university. She has a reputation for being tough, demanding and able to turn her students into successful defense attorneys. Tell us about a teacher who helped prepare you for life after graduation. Ooh, I don’t know. Mr. Stevenson, my high-school comp teacher, does come to mind, because his class had us very well-prepared to write papers in college.
4) The students she feels show the most promise — and are recruited to help her solve murders — are known as The Keating Four. Did you ever sense that you were your teacher’s favorite? I think I’ve been close to the top but not necessarily the favorite.
5) Viola Davis was just nominated for an Emmy for playing Professor Keating. Ms. Davis was born on a farm in SC. Have you spent more of your life in a rural, suburban or urban setting? Suburban.
6) Next to Annalise Keating, Viola Davis is best known for her Oscar-nominated role as Aibileen in the movie, The Help. Have you seen it? Nope. One day.
7) In 2014, the year How to Get Away with Murder premiered, we lost two famous comedians: Robin Williams and Joan Rivers. Who was the last person to make you laugh out loud? (This means actually, literally laughing out loud, not just keystroking LOL.) Probably my husband.
8) The 2014 Olympics were held in Sochi. Have you ever been to Russia? If not, is it a dream destination of yours? I have not, but I would like to.
9) Random question: The sign on the railing says, “Wet Paint.” Do you touch the railing to see if it’s really wet? Nope.