Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick’s lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you bypass it altogether — either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn’t celebrate Christmas? I enjoyed it when we went, but it wasn’t something we did every year.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? Nice because I’m not an asshole.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest? Nah, not this year.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? You know, I usually do, but I don’t think I did this year.
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year? A Muppet Christmas Carol, and although I try to make it a point to watch it every year, I did not this year!
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day? No.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? Nope! My company only started having them in the last few years, we’re limited to two drink tickets, and I’m not the type to overdo it at an event like that anyway.
8. What’s your favorite beverage in cold weather? Tea.
9. Share a memory from last Christmas. My brother and sister-in-law found out like the day before that they were gonna have a baby girl, my niece, Eliana.