Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) Look back on 2019 and share a happy moment. When my niece was born! And one forthcoming announcement. And that’s about it. 2019 was a shitshow. My mom has said that the two things mentioned here were the only good things to come out of the year for her.
2) As 2019 ends, are you making any New Year’s resolutions for 2020? I usually do make some sort of list of goals for the year, at least, and I’ll be getting to posting those soon. But I don’t have any true resolutions, no.
3) Tell us about an obstacle or challenge you faced in 2019. Oof. My dad was diagnosed with cancer around February and died in August. And while my mom handled the brunt of things like his care, obviously, watching your parent waste away and die is rough. My mom said she felt like she was having an out-of-body experience, and that’s probably the best way to describe sitting at your parents’ dining-room table with your uncle, mom, and a hospice nurse going over what’s happening.
4) Is it “cold as ice” outside where you are today? It is not. It’s cold, but it’s in the 40s. Yesterday was a 70-degree heatwave, though!
5) Foreigner is this week’s featured artist. The band formed in New York City. If you were to travel to New York City, what would you be sure to see? I’ve been twice and tackled a few of the big touristy things, but I didn’t see a Broadway show or the Statue of Liberty, so those would be on my list. I’d definitely eat my way across Chinatown and Little Italy again, though. That was great.
6) The band went by the name Trigger. They changed it because their prospective record label was already auditioning a different group named Trigger. They settled on Foreigner because half the members were foreign — from England. If you received a free, round-trip airline ticket to any foreign country, where would you go? I’d visit truly every country in the world if it made financial sense and was safe. But if we’re talking a free one-time thing, probably Australia. As much as this is probably an awful time to visit, I’d also spend my time doing what I can to help with the devastation of the fires.
7) In 1977, when this song was popular, Star Wars was breaking all box office records. The Spy Who Loved Me, a James Bond movie, was also a 1977 hit. Which film series do you prefer: Star Wars or James Bond? Star Wars. James Bond films are so hit and miss, and it’s easy for them to be predictable or silly.
8) In 1977, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak incorporated Apple. Are you answering these 9 questions on an Apple product (PC, laptop, pad or phone)? A laptop, yep.
9) Random question: What was the last thing you thought of as you dozed off last night? I was a little hungry but didn’t want to get up, so I was hoping I’d fall asleep anyway. Success.