- What was your favorite piece of playground equipment when you were a kid? The swings and monkey bars. Mastering how to do flips off of the monkey bars was the thing for the girls to do at a certain age.
- What do you remember about your first-grade teacher? Pick the earliest grade teacher you remember, if you don’t remember anything about your first-grade teacher. Her name was Miss Marino, and she was older with dark hair that was greying.
- What’s an especially memorable field trip you took with a class in your very early years? I remember going to the ballet a couple times, which in retrospect was probably not the greatest thing to hold young kids’ attention.
- What are some fads you remember from your elementary school days? Did you get into them? Pokemon! Pogs! Yo-yos! Slap bracelets! I did it all!
- If your elementary school had food service, what’s a lunch you were especially fond of, and what’s a lunch you were especially not fond of? We didn’t have food service. I went to a Montessori school, so we packed our lunches. I didn’t have food service until I went to middle school, and I honestly don’t remember hating anything. I think for me, the idea of buying lunch was so new that I kind of enjoyed it, and that’s what stands out still.
From Friday 5.