- What recently caused you to boil? I wouldn’t call it boiling, but well-meaning advice and comments on child-rearing have been frustrating, particularly from my in-laws. I anticipated it, but that doesn’t really make it better. Their youngest child is 18, and a lot has changed in 18 years. We’re following what our pediatrician and the nurses in the hospital told us, which is that newborns need fed every three hours, which means waking them up to feed them. Our nephew is a few months older than our son and is still feeding this way, and apparently, my mother-in-law thinks they’re feeding him too much because obviously since that’s not what she did with her kids, it’s wrong.
- What often causes you to freeze? In-laws questioning the advice of pediatricians. It hasn’t happened in a while, but my mother-in-law also has a way of making rude comments that can catch you off guard, and even after 10 years with my husband, I still struggle with navigating them.
- When did something evaporate into thin air? I bought this little smart sock that alerts you to changes in the baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels, and we’ve managed to lose the little cord that charges it.
- What recently caused you to melt? My kid smiling for the first time! Although admittedly, it might have been gas. But still, he looked super cute.
- Among United States you haven’t visited, which would you most like to check out next? Any one with a beach! Although that mostly leaves parts of the south and, like, California. I think I’ve made my way down most of the East Coast.
From Friday 5.