- When did you last gloss something over? There’s this guy that my best friend and I went to high school with who was a few years older that we found to be very, very attractive. Now as an adult, he’s a really obnoxious Facebook user–very long-winded and into the type of “both sides”-ism that veers into saying virtually nothing of substance. She sent me a post of his from the other day that I actually agreed with, for the most part, and I often don’t, but it was so damn long that I just skimmed it. Literally, though…I put a lip balm/gloss on my lips about daily this time of year.
- When were you most recently out to lunch? Literally, last Monday, if ordering pizza at my mom’s house counts. Other than that, I haven’t gone out to eat since I was kind of roped into it in Deep Creek several weeks ago. Figuratively, I like to think never!
- What are some hats you wear? Wife, mom, writer, employee. Literally? Um…I have a few winter hats I break out sometimes.
- When were you ever head over heels? Aww, when I fell for my husband! And when we had Charlie! Literally, maybe that time I fell on my face in the park.
- When did you recently give it the old college try? Literally, I graduated from college in 2011, so…figuratively, maybe with this piece I started writing. I’m trying to write about what it’s been like to be pregnant and then have a newborn during COVID. I have some of it done, but I need to work on it some more and intend to throw it to the workshop wolves tomorrow night. (I kid–they’re very nice people and great writers. Someone had a poem last week that was stupid good.)
From Friday 5.