- How have you been sleeping lately? Honestly? Pretty good, for having a nearly four-month-old baby. He’s sleeping through the night, for the most part, save a couple of early-morning wake-ups once a week or so. That said, I am a paranoid mother, so I’m still waking up a couple times a night and peeking over to make sure he’s okay. You would think the Owlet smart sock we have that monitors his heart rate and oxygen levels would off enough peace of mind, but not for me!
- What kinds of linens and stuff do you have on your bed today? At the moment, we pretty generic plaid set from Kohl’s. But I have to say, they’re the most durable set of sheets we own. I just bought a new set and somehow (I blame the cats) there’s already a nice, big rip in one of the corners. The Kohl’s set? Pristine.
- What’s the latest you’ve gotten out of bed these last few months? I work at 7 (from home) and have the baby on a 6:30-ish wakeup schedule to feed him. Today, he woke up at 4:30 and went back to bed around 5:30, and so I stretched that wakeup to 7:30. That’s as late as I’ll go. But on weekends especially, I’ll take a morning nap as soon as I have the chance, whether that means my husband takes the baby or the baby is asleep.
- Have you had any pleasant or unpleasant dreams lately? Nothing firmly in either camp, but definitely some weird ones. I had one within the last week or so where there was a flood and we were trying to pack to leave, but for some reason packing involved going through my mom’s basement which was some weird, like, thrift store, and people were just casually shopping. And my dead grandma was there.
- What helps you relax these days? Hot bubble baths. I had to be careful of the water temperature when I was pregnant, but now, all bets are off. And there’s my usual standbys–reading, writing, Netflix, family walks in the park on a nice day.
From Friday 5.