Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Ariana Grande thanks her former boyfriends for what they taught her about love, life, patience and pain. Do you believe you have learned more from your successes, or your mistakes? Maybe an even mix of both?
2) One of the young men mentioned in the song is Pete Davidson, a cast member of Saturday Night Live. SNL has been on for more than 45 years now. Who is your all-time favorite cast member? Kate McKinnon is certainly high on the list, as are Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. I also come from a family of Dana Carvey fans.
3) Thinking of funny people … As you can see from the video, Ariana performed “Thank U, Next” on Ellen Degeneres’ talk show. Ellen makes people laugh every afternoon. Who in your life can you always count on to make you laugh or smile? My husband and my son, but my son is six months old and it’s a very different kind of laughter.
4) It looks like Ariana Grande’s personal romantic saga will have a happy ending because at Christmastime, she announced her engagement. Do you know anyone who is getting married in 2021? I have a cousin who is engaged, but I suppose COVID is a factor in the wedding. Other than that, no, I don’t know anyone who has set, concrete plans to get married this year.
5) Ariana loves Harry Potter and named her dogs Snape, Lily and Sirius Black after characters in the J.K. Rowling books. Are you a Harry Potter fan? I am.
6) She loves board games, especially Monopoly. Sam isn’t crazy about Monopoly because it takes so long. How about you? Are you a Monopoly fan? I enjoy playing it, but it does tend to take a long time. I have to be really in the right mindset to play.
7) In 2018, the year this song was released, Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. Who received the last toy you purchased? What was it? My son, for Christmas. He got some stacking toys and a play mat filled with water and little fish.
8) Also in 2018, Aretha Franklin died. What’s your favorite Aretha song? Gotta be honest, I’m not a big Aretha fan.
9) Random question: Are you more likely to shed a tear at a wedding or during a movie? A movie. I cry easily when I watch something, but not as much at real-life events.