Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Jennifer Lopez anticipates a night of unbridled passion with the love of her life. What are you waiting for tonight? (No pressure; it doesn’t have to be as thrilling as hers.) Better sleep than last night, I hope. It was just one of those weird nights where even though I was tired and even though the baby slept through the night, I don’t feel like I got any real restful sleep. I feel like I woke up a lot and that the sleep I did get wasn’t very deep.
2) She sings that she’s glad she’s beyond those nights that found her tossing and turning alone in her bed. Did you enjoy restful sleep last night? Ha, no. See above.
3) Whatever Jennifer has planned for tonight, it won’t include alcohol. She never drinks liquor. What’s the last adult beverage you enjoyed? A Redd’s.
4) Ms. Lopez performed “Waiting for Tonight” during last year’s Super Bowl halftime show. Will you be watching The Big Game this weekend? Nope.
5) Speaking of this weekend, The Weeknd will headline the Super Bowl 2021 halftime show. Are you a fan of his? Sort of. I like a few songs.
6) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for guacamole consumption in the US. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it? The only thing I can think of is my favorite tacos from Mad Mex about a month ago.
7) Chicken wings are a popular Super Bowl dish, too. When did you most recently eat chicken? How was it prepared? I’m a vegetarian, although I have had some chicken soup lately.
8) This year, fast food chain Chipotle will run their first-ever Super Bowl ad. Do you pay closer attention to commercials during the Super Bowl? I don’t watch it, but I do look into the big ads the next day.
9) Random question: Are you more likely to pretend to be more naive than you really are, or more sophisticated? When I was a kid, I had friends that were a couple years older, and one got the sex talk and told the rest of us. I knew I wasn’t supposed to know what it was, so when I heard mention of it on TV once, I asked my mom so that I’d have an official explanation, and that’s how my life has gone. I know more than I let on. I won’t play dumb, necessarily, but I’m more attune to what’s going on around me and what people are up to than they might think.