- When are you the tortoise, and when are you the hare? I am the tortoise most of the year but transform into the hare when the weather gets cold. My husband is a foot taller than me, and he will tell you that he spends most of the year altering his pace to meet mine, until winter hits, when suddenly I’m a speed walker. I want to get out of the cold, so without even thinking, I just end up walking noticeably faster.
- When are you the grasshopper, and when are you the ants? I’d say I prepare and think ahead like the ants, for the most part, but I’m also a procrastinator, sometimes prioritizing fun things, like the grasshopper. But I’m certainly not harsh like the ant when people need help.
- When were you the lion, and when were you the mouse? I can’t think of specifics, but in general, I’m willing to help people out. I don’t think favors are things that need to be repaid, but I do like to make sure if someone does something for me, I pay that forward.
- Are you more like the town mouse or the country mouse? Both? I’ve always said my ideal place to live is in the mountains but within at least an hour-ish of a big city. I like to live somewhere quiet and tucked away, but I like the excitement of cities.
- Which fable told in your childhood has resonated with you through the years? I mean, the only one of these I remembered was the tortoise and the hare.
From Friday 5.