- What’s your favorite thing about Mondays? Ugh, Mondays. I’ve expressed this on Twitter, but Mondays are extra Monday-ish when you spend the weekend with your kid and are thrust back into the working that, truth be told, you would leave in a heartbeat if you could. I never in a million years would’ve thought I’d be the stay-at-home-mom type, but here I am! But I will say I like the prospect of a fresh start, even just symbolically. Did the week before suck? It’s over, time to move on. This is why even though New Year’s gets lots of grumbling about how it doesn’t really mean anything, I still enjoy it.
- What song is most likely to make you shake your booty? Anything by Robyn.
- When did you feel eclipsed by someone else? You know, like, when you tell a joke or something at a party and no one is listening and then someone else repeats it and everyone laughs? I felt like that a lot with my friend group for a while.
- When were you most recently over the moon? Probably when I got word that this piece was gonna run, that the editor was very pleased with the finished product, and then again the other day when I received the payment for it.
- What are some great songs with moon in the title or lyrics? “New Moon on Monday” by Duran Duran, obviously! “Bad Moon Rising” by Creedence Clearwater Revival. I’ve also always been partial to Wings’ “C Moon.” “Full Moon” by the Black Ghosts, which was on the Twilight soundtrack, which despite being an awful book and movie had great music. Two you probably don’t know: “Super Blue Blood Moon” by Jherek Bischoff and “When You See the Moon” by Caitlin Michele, who appeared on The Voice and who I loved and really wish would put out more music on her Bandcamp or something.
From Friday 5.