Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a girl who just got her drivers license. Who taught you to drive? My parents, and they weren’t great at it.
2) Do you like your drivers license/state ID photo? Eh, I’m not crazy about it, but it’s not awful.
3) Think back to the first ticket you received. How old were you, and what was it for? Speeding. I think I was maybe 22 or 23? I got another one almost exactly a year later.
4) In this week’s song, Olivia Rodrigo is brokenhearted, driving through her boyfriend’s neighborhood, certain that he has taken up with the sophisticated blonde girl. When it comes to romance, do you have a jealous streak? Not really.
5) Olivia grew up in Temecula, California. Temecula is home to 40 wineries and dozens of tasting rooms. Have you ever attended a wine tasting? I have! But it was Halloween and part of a murder-mystery dinner at a local winery.
6) Her first on-screen appearance was in a commercial for Old Navy stores. Old Navy is owned by the same company as Banana Republic, Gap and Athletica. Have you done any of your holiday shopping at one of those stores? (Yes, their websites count.) I’ve done some browsing in Old Navy but didn’t find anything.
7) She went on to star in projects for Disney studios. That’s also how pop stars Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, and Christina Aguilera got started. Arguably the first teen star created by Disney studios was Annette Funicello. Do you remember her? I do not, but i recognize her name.
8) “Drivers License” was one of this year’s most popular songs. One of this year’s most popular books is John Grisham’s The Judge’s List. Do you expect to do much reading between now and the end of the year? If so, what’s on your TBR (to be read) list? I expect to do some, certainly enough to finish one more book to meet my reading goal for the year.
9) Random Question: What is the longest line you ever stood in, and was it worth it? Probably to get into a concert, and definitely worth it.